Work hard, or hardly work? Trust me when I tell you that we work hard at Curious, bringing you the best educational content on the web. But all work and no play make Jack something, something, so we all recently took an afternoon to hit the zoo. As Curious' resident puzzle maker, I designed a scavenger hunt with puzzles that all solved to an animal. Yes, we solve puzzles in our free time, too!
Do you have what it takes to join the Curious Crew? Well, here's one: what animal is suggested by the following clue (it's one clue so one animal total, not six different animals)?
- Ray Kroc
- Project for Statistical Computing
Ready for the answer?
- Ray Kroc was best known for making McDonald's (the Golden Arches!) the biggest fast food restaurant in the world.
- is a mathematical representation of the number e.
- γ-tocopherol is the scientific name for one form of Vitamin E.
- Project for Statistical Computing is the tagname for a data analysis system called R.
- The elemental symbol for Potassium is K.
- If you hit "Shift-2" on your keyboard (at least here in the US), you get "@" or "at".
And what do you get if you put it all together? MEERKAT... And they were so cute at the zoo!